Body blitz’s bride-to-be, Spa Manager Carene Martin is taking the plunge!
1. The proposal: a surprise or long time coming?! It was both. We knew we wanted to get married very early on in our relationship but we wanted to live together, buy our first home and become financially stable before having a wedding. I knew it was coming but at the actual moment I was floored. And the happiest I have ever been. My face hurt from smiling so much.
2. Best piece of wedding advice you’ve received? Relax and enjoy the day. Things will happen, things may go wrong and that’s ok.
3. Worst piece of wedding advice you’ve received? Bigger is always better.
4. What did you get first, the dress or the venue? They both happened very close together, but I think the venue came before the dress by a few days. I chose the first venue I saw and the first dress I tried on.
5. Worst detox ever done? I once went almost an entire day without eating dairy. I was seeing spots.
6. Who is your role model or mentor? I am lucky to have many strong and amazing women in my life to look to. My mom is incredible as are the great girls I work with everyday.
7. Favourite place to eat in the city? That’s tough. I crave Craft Burger on a daily basis, I have been loving Marben for a dinner out, but mostly I like being at home and having my fiancé whip up something delicious. I like being able to loosen my pants and put my feet up after dinner and most restaurants discourage that.
8. Most exotic place you’ve been to? I traveled around Australia for a year after university. I loved how you can be in the jungle, the desert, the beach and the mountains depending on the day and which direction you drive.
9. What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day? I can’t wait to meet my fiancé at the end of the aisle and say my vows to him with everyone I love as witnesses.
Post a Comment