1. When did you and your husband first meet?
We met in spring 2004. He hired me to do PR for a theatre show he wrote and was acting in. I broke my rule of not dating any clients for him. Turned out to be a good decision.
2. What do you think is the secret to a great relationship?
I don’t think there is one secret ingredient. I think you must, and this is a must, be on the same page with parenting if you choose to have a family together. We are really a team when it comes to our daughter and have rarely, if ever, disagreed when it comes to decisions surrounding her well-being and choices regarding her life. Other than that, I think you must have trust and honesty.
I also still think, after eight years, that he is the biggest babe in the room. I still get swept off my feet when he kisses me, he has the dreamiest blue eyes, is the best daddy, funniest person I know and even when we fight, I know I could never live without him in my life. It sounds so cliché, but he really is my prince charming.
3. What is the nicest thing you have done for each other?
There isn’t one ‘nicest’ thing that I can think of. We do things for each other all the time. There are materialistic gifts and trips that definitely have been really nice, but sometimes it’s him replacing the hard-to-find light bulbs under the kitchen counter that makes me reallllly happy. It really is the little things that count most of the time.
4. What is your career and what do you love most about it?
I own and operate a boutique public relations firm called rock-it promotions, inc. There are so many things I love about it. I get to work with really, really cool clients (like Body Blitz!), as well as work with an incredible team around me. It’s true what they say, find a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.
5. Top 3 pieces of advice you would give to other women?
Always have somebody in your life who has your back and make sure you always have theirs.
Don’t lie – it will haunt you even if you never get caught.
Striving for perfection leads to misery, so stop it. You’re beautiful.
6. What is your favourite part of body blitz?
I love the Dead Sea salt water pool and the sauna the best. I get so relaxed, my mind gets mushy.
7. What’s your favourite indulgence?
Vodka martini with three big olives.
8. Proudest accomplishment?
Ask any mother and she will say her child. I also feel pretty damn proud of owning and operating a successful company for 13 years.
9. Early bird or night owl?
10. If you could have lunch with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why?That’s easy - my mama. I lost her to cancer many years ago. What I wouldn’t give to have lunch with her. Remember to love your parents. It hurts like hell when they are gone.